This article shows you how to reset whirlpool washer machine when troubleshooting it.
When it comes to doing laundry, the Whirlpool front-loading washing machine stands out primarily for two reasons:
- The higher efficiency – it uses less water (per load) than most of its competitors (not to mention its better energy efficiency)
- An exceptional cleaning performance- It provides better cleaning than most of the competition (you get spotless clothes).
Unfortunately, the machine may suddenly develop a fault and cease to work, like all home appliances.
Sometimes you may even notice (and rather annoyingly) that your washer needs to be reset every time there is a power outage!
Performing a hard reset on a front-loading washer makes it possible to resolve some of the most fundamental issues.
Now, if you are having trouble troubleshooting your whirlpool front load washer and would like to see if resetting it could help, here is how to reset your front load washer (step by step):
How to Reset Whirlpool Top Load Washer Quickly – Step by Step
While troubleshooting your Whirlpool front load washer, resetting the unit is, of course, among the tricks you must try.
To get started, follow these steps:
How to Reset Whirlpool Front Load Washer – a Procedure
Method 1: Unplug it
Firstly, you can retune the Whirlpool washer top load by unplugging it for approximately two minutes, plugging it back in and waiting about 30 seconds before starting it.
It forces the machine to start over after you connect it again after performing a hard reset.
It will help you confirm if everything is back to normal if you run a new cycle.
Before removing the washer’s three-pronged plug from the adjacent socket, turn it off completely.
Method 2: How To Reset Whirlpool Washer by Reset the Breaker
It is also possible to reset the washer by resetting the circuit breaker- flip the switch off and wait about 30 seconds (or so).
A few stubborn issues may disappear after cutting the power for a short while, such as Whirlpool front loader washer error codes.
Method 3: How to Reset Whirlpool Front loader Washer Using Buttons
Whenever you would like to reset it in order to remove irritating error codes, this method is most useful.
You can reset them by performing this process:
- F7 E1 error code (indicating a problem with the motor speed sensing- the motor cannot reach the right speed for the selected cycle)
- F5 E2 error code (signals the door isn’t locking properly).
- F8 E1 / LO FL error code (indicating that the machine is detecting a decrease in water flow)
- Int error code (displays that the process was interrupted or paused halfway through).
- Press two times either the Pause or Cancel button
- On the unit’s power button, press once.
As long as there are no other faults, this might be sufficient to clear the stated error codes.
How to Reset Whirlpool Duet Washer?
The most straightforward way to reset the Whirlpool Duet front loader system is by disconnecting the washer for 30 (or so) seconds.
Quick Tip: You may need to repeat the procedure a couple of times if it doesn’t work the first time.
How to Reset Whirlpool Front Load Washer to Unlock
If your Whirlpool front loader washer door does not unlock after completing a wash cycle, you can attempt the following steps:
How to reset whirlpool washer door locked (door stuck at the end of cycle)
- Let the washer stand unplugged for about two minutes after unplugging it from its wall outlet.
- Take a moment to turn off the washer and plug it back in after two minutes.
The washing machine’s programming may have been reset, causing the door to open (try a new cycle again to ensure that there is no further problem)
Quick Tip: You can manually reset the washer by pressing and holding the end-of-cycle button for about five seconds. Check whether it will unlock if the above reset does not work.
How do you unlock a whirlpool front loader washer?
So, how do you manually unlock a Whirlpool front-loading washer?
In case the door does not open, even after resetting it as instructed, perform the following steps to unlock it manually:
- Do not leave the washer plugged in when it is off.
- Shut off all of the water faucets.
- Do not open a door before the drum has stopped rotating – do not open the door while the drum is still spinning.
If you have been washing with extremely high temperatures, wait until the laundry and water have completely cooled.
Before you attempt to open the door, drain the water from the unit.
How to get a Whirlpool washer to unlock (how to unlock a Whirlpool front load washer) – step by step
Step 1: Remove the top (of your washer)
You will need to remove three (3) 1/4″ hex-head screws at the back of the washer.
When the top has been slid back, slide it back up.
Step 2: Open the door
Now you are ready to try opening the door.
To do this:
- Start by locating the locking mechanism (the figure below shows it). It’s around halfway down the interior of the machine, on the right-hand side.
- Upon finding the locking mechanism, press down on it until you notice the latch is released.
Here it is! Now that the door is open, you can remove the laundry if necessary.
It is possible to prevent the cost of an unplanned repair visit if you reset your washer.
You may wish to reach out to a Whirlpool representative if you are still having problems with your unit at 1-800-253-1301 (U.S. residents) and at 1-800-807-6777 (Canadian residents).
A qualified Whirlpool technician can also diagnose the washer using the online Schedule Service feature.
A member of the company’s expert team will be waiting to assist you.